"Education Reform Act of 2005": a new proposal to be filed soon, many only for failing districts.
- much longer school day
- pay good teachers more – especially excellent math & science.
- create new MCAS discipline in science, and make it a graduation requirement
- need to get rid of bad teachers faster
- lift cap on charter schools
- mandatory parental prep courses in failing districts (but what does this mean? no specifics yet – should be interesting!)
Says "contract with our children" has to trump contract with teachers. Not sure what that means….but it sounds good!
But wait — there’s more! See the next post —