How did Americans become some groveling servants? Even the apparently blustering, gun-in-pocket wingers bend over for the swift kicks from the TSA and other hectoring oppressors.
- Federal and local cop-like-bullies — FBI, Homeland Security, Immigration, adding local police — forced their way into citizens homes, roughed them up, took them in on porn charges, and seized their computers and routers.
- In these various states, the now-victim citizens were innocent. Others had piggybacked on their unprotected wireless routers and downloaded kiddy porn.
- The citizens are not irate new litigants demanding their constitutional rights. Rather they buy into the feds’ better-safe-than-sorry scam.
- The AP story clearly concludes that it was their own fault for not figuring the arcane tricks to setting up a password system to the Wi-Fi box. So there!
- Why do we pretend these anti-liberty intrusions keep us safe as individuals and a nation?
- Why don’t police, federal agents, and screeners have to be responsible for their abuses, like other common criminals?
- What would it really take instead of these pretend solutions to keep us safe while respecting our Constitutional freedoms and rights?