E. Warren Thank You Tour UPDATE: with Lynn and Lowell Events

Check it out, if you can! Also, don't miss Brian McGrory's very touching piece about Otis, Elizabeth Warren's beloved golden retriever, who sadly missed seeing her make history by five days.

- promoted by david

UPDATE: The Lynn and Lowell events have been scheduled.

Saturday, December 8, 2012 3:00 PM
Tatiana’s Restaurant, 70 Market Street Lynn

Saturday, December 8, 2012 5:30 PM
Hookslide Kelly’s, 19 Merrimack Street, Lowell

Elizabeth Warren will be travelling across the Commonwealth to say thank you to volunteers and begin the the transition from campaign to governing. Officially called the “Starting with People” tour, there are events in Springfield, Worcester and Fall River this weekend. As I understand it, there will be an event in each Congressional District. Watch the Elizabeth Warren event page on her website for details on future events.

An e-mail from Roger Lau at the campaign says.

“The campaign may be over, but Elizabeth’s real work of helping working families across Massachusetts is just getting started. Senator-elect Elizabeth Warren (doesn’t it sound great to say that?) will be meeting with people all across the Commonwealth in December to have a chance to thank those who supported her election and to open the door for everyone in Massachusetts. Elizabeth knows that we’re in this together — and we’ve got to work together from the beginning. We’ve got to help people get back to work, level the playing field for our small businesses, and help middle class families have a fair shot to get ahead.”

Springfield event
Saturday, December 1, 2012 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM EST
Theodore’s, 201 Worthington Street
Springfield, MA 01103

Worcester event
Saturday, December 1, 2012 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
Teamsters Local 170 Hall, 330 Southwest Cutoff, Route 20
Worcester, MA 01604

Fall River event
Sunday, December 2, 2012 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM EST
Eagle Event Center, 35 North Main Street
Fall River, MA 02720

Discuss

13 Comments . Leave a comment below.
  1. Thank *you*, Kate!

I was literally drafting you an email to ask about thank you events in Eastern MA when I saw this post from you!

As always, thank you for keeping all of us informed and up to date about events and goings on. You are a treasure! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Cheers
    Amanda (in Malden)

2. Lowell Lowell Lowell!

Cuz we’re the REAL hub of the universe! And you love Arthur!

• Lowell

Just got email from another Malden volunteer w/ info from EW HQ that events in Lowell and Lynn are potentially slated for weekend of Dec 8-9. Nothing confirmed, so don’t quote me :-)

I will now proceed to use up an entire box of Kleenex after reading the lovely McGrory piece about Otis….

3. I wish I could go to the Springfield one

but I’m not going to be around that day. Someday I will meet her. Don’t lose your message Elizabeth and don’t compromise too much please. So many people are counting on you to be our voice in our seriously dysfunctional government.

4. Nice article

Thanks for promoting and including the picture and the link.

5. I'm devastated about Otis

I hadn’t heard this sad news.

6. Worcester Event was Great

My co-editor of the Democratic Dispatch, Matt, joined me at the event. I’ll just include his notes on the event here:

I went to Worcester this afternoon to join Sen. Warren’s “Thank-you” event. I think there were at least 200 enthusiastic supporters there. She was mobbed like a rock star from the moment she arrived.

When she took the mic after being introduced she first thanked all those people who organized the people powered campaign for a big win, from the Mayor, to the union president, to the team leaders. Then she talked about heading to Washington to represent and fight tierlessly (or something like that) for all those working families who gave her that support. She was so heartfelt that she actually choked up while saying this. My clear impression is that she feels beholden to the people who worked the campaign as much as (or maybe more than) the donors who funded it.

She also said that the number one problem that needs to be addressed is filibuster reform, because right now Republicans are using it to keep the Senate from doing what it needs to help people. She cited a number of bills that had the votes to pass the Constitutional requirement of 51 but were stopped by filibuster. I recall her citing the JOBS act, the DREAM act among others.

I feel very encouraged by what she said and how she said it. I am certain that she will indeed be an immediate force to be reckoned with, all for the good of working families in the Commonwealth and the country as a whole. It was well worth the trip.

• My own two cents

People lined up to have a photo taken with Elizabeth Warren. She stayed until every single person who wanted a photo got one. It was a great event!

« Blue Mass Group Front Page