The DSC met tonight, and while it was a pretty straightforward meeting, here are a few highlights:
- We have one more election this year. It is on December 5th to fill the Senate vacancy in the Worcester & Middlesex District. It is a four-way competitive race and the Dems need lots of volunteers based in Leominster.
- Gus Bickford addressed some concerns regarding the DNC which have been discussed here. He noted that the slate of 75 at-large members who were elected was promoted by both Perez and Ellison, and that some of the people who were “purged” to hear some tell it were simply reassigned as matter of routine. He also said the Unity Commission was still at work to look into better practices around transparency and learning from mistakes and confirmed that three Dem candidates for President signed joint fundraising agreements.
- Basic delegate selection schedule – 1/15 is deadline to report caucus time and place; caucus window is 2/3-3/4; add-on deadline (to include LGBTQ for the first time) is 3/23. Caucus trainings coming soon!
- Democratic Campaign Institute is 1/19-1/21 in Lowell; come learn how to organize locally, work on campaigns, or run for office yourself!
- Bylaw amendment was passed prohibiting party staff from supporting any particular candidate in a contested primary and prohibiting DSC officers from using their titles in the course of endorsing candidates in a contested primary.