According to Newt Gingrich on Fox News:
The great political surprise of 2018 will be the size of the Republican victory.
After members of the elite media have spent two years savaging President Trump, lying about Republican legislation, and reassuring themselves that Republican defeat was inevitable, the size of the GOP victory in 2018 will be an enormous shock.
It’s been two years since our last big prediction post, a longstanding tradition that becomes more of an adventure as we look toward 2018. Newt Gingrich starts us off with a statistical outlier, and I am sure the beloved readers of BMG will converge on a more realistic view of the year to come.
If you are playing, make your predictions for each of the following categories, be sure to answer (but don’t limit yourself to) the following questions. I will put my responses in the comments.
- Who will be the Democratic nominee for Governor?
- What is the result (percentage points) of the governor’s election.
- What is the result (percentage points) of the constitutional amendment providing for a “millionaire’s tax?”
- What will be the post-election makeup of the House and Senate?
- Who will be the next Speaker of the House?
- Will Donald Trump be President on December 31, 2018?
- How many people will be indicted and convicted (including guilty pleas) in the Mueller probe?
- What will be the major world event that will dominate the news?
Sports and Entertainment:
- Who will win the AFC, NFC, and Super Bowl?
- How will the Red Sox do with Alex Cora? Who will win the AL, NL, and World Series?
- Go for it!