- Comment rating is back. It still doesn’t quite work the way I want it to; and honestly I may prefer that people actually use their words rather than click a like- or hate-button. But there it is. We’re still learning here — trying for a better User Experience™.
- As I’ve mentioned, I’ve got a swear-word filter on comments. If you drop an f-bomb, it’s going to be held for moderation, maybe for days. It’s an inexact proxy for incivility, but it’s what we got. Also too, be nice.
- We are likely about to experience an influx of new users due to interest in election season; please be welcoming, informed, courteous, witty, and substantive — show them a good time.
- So you’re thinking, “BMG, please take all my money!!” Two things:
- We’ve got some major hosting bills coming up. You can subscribe ($3.99/month) or donate to BMG via PayPal, and we’ll be eternally grateful. Truly anything you can give is most welcome.
- As you can see on the right, we’ve set up an ActBlue page targeted at pivotal Congressional races around the country, but particularly close to home: ME-02 (Poliquin), NH-01 (Carol Shea-Porter is retiring), NY-19 (Faso). We’re also taking aim at Paul Ryan’s and Devin Nunes’s seats; and protecting Elizabeth Warren. If there are Dem primary races, the money will be kept for the eventual winner. I’ve set an outrageously optimistic goal of $10,000 … but if that’s crazy, I don’t want to be sane.