Well. Fancy meeting us here. Again.
- For all the overconfidence about a sixth championship, the Pats haven’t won a Super Bowl by more than 6 points. Their overtime victory last year was the largest Pats margin ever.
- I shouldn’t be surprised by the hatred and pre-whinging from other fan bases; after all, Tom Brady must have torn out the hearts of 80% of the NFL’s fans at this point. But some of them will realize what we realized as of 2/3/2002, which is that you just have to win the game. That’s all there is! Eli Manning sleeps great every night of his life. It’s not magic.
- If you’re a fan of another franchise and still complaining about deflated footballs, remember that BMG readers already scienced the @#$% out of that.
- We’re all monsters for watching this horrifying gladiatorial warfare. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? Imagine Rob Gronkowski’s brain 20 years from now. It is, actually, not right, not right at all. I wish football didn’t destroy people. But then I’m reminded of that Tom Lehrer line, “They’d rather kill them off by peaceful means.”
- Brady and Kraft, horrifyingly, are Trump pals; on the other hand, Giselle is trying to save the planet. So, you know, I can root for a spouse.