1. Mexico didn’t pay for it,
2. The Republican Congress of 2017-2018 refused to pay for it,
3. The Supreme Court whimped out in early 2019 and allowed a fake emergency order based on an ineptly drafted statute from the 1970’s to authorize it,
4. Trump now in late 2019 steals money from military families, military schools, and other military projects that have taken years of expensive planning to pay for it,
5. The Military fails to stand up to the madman, and
6. The House is on a six week recess.
Great job, America.
Just let him roll on with his madness.
When the Commander in Chief diverts US military funds to enrich himself, he violates the lesser-known Article II Emoluments Clause (the one protecting US taxpayers) while compromising national security. A treacherous twofer!https://t.co/W7d7UT3vBo
— Laurence Tribe (@tribelaw) September 7, 2019