From the "Stories You Don’t See Covered in The Boston Globe," or "Why We Live in a Bubble Even Though We Think We Are Well Informed" file:
The ban on U.S. air force personnel entering London following last week’s terror attacks has been lifted, The Guardian reports. "Around 10,000 US servicemen and women based at two RAF stations in Suffolk were given the order not to go inside the M25 after the bombs killed 52 people and brought London to a standstill on Thursday." The Air Force "’strongly advised’ their families and civilian staff to keep out of the capital," the newspaper said. "The move had been greeted with dismay by British officials and US expats, with Thomas Conlon, the UK director of American Citizens Abroad, saying it ‘beggared belief’. ‘These same people who are being restricted from London are being flown into Baghdad," he said. "If they’re going into Baghdad, I can’t imagine why they aren’t allowed to go into London.’" Tourism officials had expressed concern the ban might limit visitors, the newspaper said.