OK, so here’s a list of people I want to see giving testimony at a long table that comes up to their necks, with nothing but a glass of lukewarm, sediment-laden tap water to comfort them:
- Jim Kerasiotes: Head of the Big Dig from 1991-2000. Dictator. Had hard drives sand-blasted so data couldn’t be recovered by investigators. The biggest villain.
- Bill Weld. Appointed Kerasiotes.
- Paul Cellucci.
- Jane Swift. These last two, simply for allowing the nonsense to continue.
- Matt Amorello. He’s got his hearing soon anyway.
- John McDonald, Chairman, Board of Control of Bechtel Parsons Brinckerhoff, who stated in 2004, “In fact, the tunnels are safe.”
- How about Mr. Bechtel himself? Hello? Anyone knocking at this guy’s door? Hey Hiller, hey Battenfeld, you wanna find this person?
- CEO of Gannett Fleming, who insisted their bolt design was safe.
- Transportation Secretary John Cogliano, who “also has political ties and no engineering degree.” Dude, what are you doing here? Does no one here have any idea what the !@#$% they’re doing? How far down through the rotten hackocracy do we have to cut to get to the healthy flesh? Never mind — we don’t care what you have to say anyway. Just get the hell out of here.
The obvious and unanswerable question is: Who would be asking the questions?
Who am I missing? Put someone in the hot seat in the comments.