(2) Transform the Office and the website into the 21st Century by putting as much information as possible online to ease the burden of those who now have to drive into Cambridge from the 54 cities and towns of Middlesex County to get needed information;
(3) Institute high standards of ethics and practices and set up clear and quantifiable service commitments to the public and attorneys to enhance and speed up the quality of service;
(4) Establish regular “Ask the Register” office hours so that there can be direct contact between the Register and those that the Register of Probate Office serves;
(5) Expand the professionalism with regular training of the Register of Probate staff and utilize the “best practices” of other Probate Offices to insure that all including same-sex couples, the poor, the abused, the young and the general public are always treated with dignity and equality; and
(6) Strongly advocate and lobby the Legislature and the Governor for a modern and state-of-the-art facility and seriously look at a proposal that has been brought up to put such a facility at NorthPoint in East Cambridge.
I have been a most active Democrat working for Democratic candidates for my whole adult voting life. I served as Coordinator of Community Education in the Middlesex DA’s Office and as Community Liaison and Special Assistant to the Attorney General in Scott Harshbarger’s innovative offices. I was part of a very strong emphasis on community outreach, user-friendly service and professional standards. I have been in each or the 54 cities and towns of Middlesex County and I know the diverse constituencies in the county.
I have been a leader in the Massachusetts Democratic Party for over 25 years. I have served on the Democratic State Committee for 20 years, serving on the Executive Committee and as Chair of the By-Laws Committee and been Middlesex County staff on Democratic Coordinated Campaigns. I was chosen to be President of the Massachusetts Electoral College in 2000. I have been chair of my Democratic Ward and Town Committee, first in Medford and now in Winchester.
I was a Government major at Boston University and earned my Master in Educational Administration from Northeastern University. My wife and I are proud parents of three daughters who are students at Winchester High School, Tufts University and Boston College. I won’t at this point go on into the dozens of community and advocacy groups that I have taken leadership roles in, but I would be happy to share more about my background and ideas if you contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The positions that I run on seem like progressive steps that I put forth to begin the discussion on how to enhance the viability, procedures, efficiency and transparency of the Middlesex County Register of Probate Office. I ask for your advice, assistance and support in this crucial effort to strongly lead and humanely administer the Middlesex County Register of Probate Office. Thank you.