I believe the job of a State Representative is to seek justice for all of the people in the district and across the state. In this race within the 35th Middlesex district each candidate has their own perspective of what that justice should be. Here is what it means to me.
- It means disagreeing with Paul Donato when he voted to change the local aid formula that cost Medford over $40 million.
- It means disagreeing with Paul Donato when he voted against sending over $4 million in additional local aid to Medford and Malden this year, especially when that would have prevented the elimination of teacher, police officer and firefighter jobs in Medford.
- It means disagreeing with Paul Donato and standing up with Patrick McCabe for marriage equality because everyone should be treated equally.
- It means disagreeing with Patrick McCabe and standing up against casinos because they will hurt families, local businesses and stand in direct opposition to social justice.
- It means parting ways with both of my opponents and publicly supporting the greyhound protection act because that cruelty must come to an end.
- It means disagreeing with both my opponents and working to seek savings and efficiencies in government before raising taxes.
- It means supporting immigrant families and their children because I am the son of an immigrant.
- It means supporting low income families because growing up I knew what it was like to receive a hand up from government programs like reduced lunch tickets, food stamps and Medicaid.
Finally it means that I will stand up for what I believe in, no matter which special interest group is applying pressure or offering their support.
We only get the change we are willing to work, fight and vote for. On September 16th I’m asking for your vote to help create the change we need from our government.
Candidate for State Representative – 35th Middlesex District