- Every once in a while, I Twitter — particularly if my thought is not profound enough to expand upon. Recent tweet:
“Aren't the deathers actually complaining that health care reform won't be *sufficiently bleeding-heart liberal*?”
Hey … you want your socialism or not, bub?
- I'm pretty sure that it was wrong to take Senatorial appointment away from Romney, and right to give it to Patrick. Maybe that's just too convenient, though. The keys, to my mind, are: 1. Two senators per state — always; and 2. New election as soon as possible.
- George Lakoff says don't get hung up on wonk-speak with health care. I agree: Principles are like a magnet for policies. It's more important that we set down principles of goodness/justice rather than tie ourselves to particular policy planks. The health care debate among the Dems has gotten a little too Mac vs. PC, to my mind.
- I still think Obama's doing a great job — yes, even in health care. I don't understand the emphasis on him — as if he can wave a magic wand and make the Senate do exactly what he wants. The ball's in their Court, after all — they write the laws.
- What's more important than health care? Oh, I don't know, maybe Catastrophic Global Climate Change. And the grassroots are really not working that one at all, while the world hurtles towards disaster.
“Sooner or later we are going to have to come to grips with the fact that the climate crisis is threatening the future of our civilization, and just because those words sound shrill is no excuse for not saying them.’’ — Al Gore
Apparently the military has also gone shrill on this matter:
Such climate-induced crises could topple governments, feed terrorist movements, or destabilize entire regions, say the analysts, experts at the Pentagon, and intelligence agencies who for the first time are taking a serious look at the national security implications of climate change.
What we need right now is the persistent, committed hysteria of the sane.
- What would Bono do?
- One more: Jon Stewart vs. Betsy McCaughey, the woman whose “death panels” fantasies hit the big time.
Please share widely!