Our travels to Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands
Wednesday August 4, 7-9 PM
@ LivableStreets Office, 100 Sidney Street, Cambridge MA 02139 (map)
One thousand people from around the world gathered in Copenhagen in June for the Velo-City Global conference to learn, discuss, and share best practices about urban street design and bicycling. The conference was held in the ‘City of Cyclists’ where almost 40% of people commute by bicycle every day!
Come to the LivableStreets’ StreetTalk to hear stories and see photos from the Velo-City Global conference in Copenhagen, and travels around Denmark, the Netherlands and Sweden by our own:
– City of Boston Transportation Planner Charlotte Fleetwood
– City of Cambridge Bicycle and Pedestrian Planner Cara Seiderman
– Northeastern University Engineering Professor Peter Furth
– MAPC Transportation Planner David Loutzenheiser and
– LivableStreets Director Jackie Douglas
Open to the public. Suggested $5-$10 donation. Beer provided compliments of Harpoon Brewery!
Also check out the NYC StreetFilm about the Copenhagen and the conference here: http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1…