Does an “average person using a reasonable degree of care” do these things?
- Do you jump off a speeding train known as a losing political campaign — in October? If you lose, join the club of losers — there are a lot of 'em. If you bail out … you're a loser and a disgrace. What was the intended angle again?
- If you're getting your paychecks from said no-hope campaign, do you really imagine that your future career prospects will be better by stabbing your no-hope candidate in the back and ditching the campaign? Can you imagine future clients saying, “Oh yeah — I gotta hire these guys!”
- If you're a stand-up guy blowing a whistle on a candidate's campaign irregularities, do you go tell the truth
far and wide… straight to a rival campaign in a private meeting?
- If you're the rival campaign (i.e. Baker), watching the anvil that's bringing down your nemesis … why would you grab onto it yourself??
- If you're the candidate suing said “whistleblowers” for breach of contract (and basically rank dishonor and disloyalty) … do you publish the emails including the smoking gun (or almost) on your own irregularities?
Cahill, Baker, and the Yobgoblins seem to deserve each other. That slapping sound you hear is of palms still hitting foreheads around the Commonwealth.
This is absolutely the zaniest election October EVAR.