With apologies, I have to reprint the entire Associated Press story in full, because it is just too perfect:
Former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling says he’s decided to run for Senate in 2018 if his wife agrees.
On WPRO-AM Tuesday, he said he’d make a run against Senator Elizabeth Warren.
Schilling also said he doesn’t know what he should apologize for following the collapse of his video game company that received a $75 million loan guarantee from Rhode Island.
He asked listeners: ‘‘What do you want me to apologize for?’’
Sen. Warren is whomping Schilling 47% to 28%, according to a recent WBZ/UMass-Amherst poll. And here’s the thing: Massachusetts voters know Sen. Warren really well, but most don’t know Schilling beyond “great at baseball.” Wait until they find out about Schilling’s hateful, extremist beliefs:
- Has endorsed not only Donald Trump but his thoughts about wanting to date 10-year-olds
- Campaigned for George W. Bush (can’t wait to hear which pointless-war-starting, economy-crashing policies Curt would bring back!)
- Was fired by ESPN for comparing Muslims to Nazis and mocking transgendered people
- Blew $75 million of Rhode Island taxpayers’ money on his failed video game company and clearly has nothing to apologize for
- Has called Hillary Clinton a “pig” and a “scumbag” on his Facebook page, which he also uses to sell fake medicine
And that’s just the start – the list goes on and on and on. Can you imagine what Charlie Baker is thinking about potentially having to share a ticket with this guy? And having to answer questions about every single crazy thing Schilling says?
As a progressive Democrat, I say: Why not Curt?