- Trump: 39% approve, 56% disapprove (Gallup daily tracking 3/23)
- Trumpcare: 17% support, 56% oppose (Quinnipiac)
- Cabinet selections: 38% support, 52% oppose (Saint Leo)
- Building the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline: 42% support, 48% oppose (Pew)
- Increase military spending by cutting funding for the State Department, Environmental Protection Agency and other non-defense agencies: 41% support, 58% oppose (CNN)
- Building a border wall with Mexico: 39% support, 61% oppose (CNN)
- Muslim ban: 47% support, 53% opppose (CNN)
Trump lost the popular vote by 2.9 million votes, or 2.1% of the popular vote. He’s never had majority approval in the Gallup daily tracking poll, with a positive approval for exactly two days of his presidency, January 24-25, when he was at +1 (46% approved, 45% disapproved).
There are many ways to describe Trump and his policies, but “popular” is not one of them. “White nationalist,” on the other hand, is extremely accurate! Or, considering how many of Trump’s promised trade protections have been abandoned, how about “white corporatist”?