CNN and others are reporting early Friday morning (1:15a) that Donald and Melania Trump have tested positive for COVID-19.
I invite your comments — I suspect this may have a huge impact on both our immediate and our long term history.
Updated with new question
I think it’s at least a little more likely that the election on November 3rd will be between Mike Pence and Joe Biden. Here are some questions to ponder:
- Will the media be more or less willing to talk about Herman Cain now that this happened? Will this make it harder or easier for the media to talk about the dangers and risks of this disease?
- What happens to the ballots that have already been cast if Mr. Trump is unable to compete?
- how sick does Mr. Trump have to be and for how long before the 25th Amendment is invoked?
- What happens if this turns out to be a non-event? What will happen to our national pandemic response if Mr. Trump is able announce “Melania and I had it, it was nothing” a week before the election?
- What happens if this turns out to be another lie? What happens if this turns out to have been manufactured as another media stunt, in order to provide an excuse to say that he was “right all along” and that the disease is another “liberal hoax”?
I don’t know if I’ll be able resist making some reference to Darwin and natural selection before this is all over.
Anyway, what sayeth BMG about this?