Tonight, we know that:
- Donald Trump has ended all negotiations with Congress until “immediately after I win”. Current polling shows Mr. Biden with a double-digit lead nationwide. Mr. Trump’s support has collapsed since the last debate. This afternoon’s absurd and insane announcement spooked the stock market into an immediate crash.
Donald Trump is taking a steroid medication that frequently produces mental impairment. He is taking that medication because he is apparently infected with COVID-19 — a disease that frequently produces mental impairment. He has had at least two episodes of dangerously reduced blood oxygenation — a condition that frequently produces mental impairment.
The most powerful person in human history is demonstrating clear signs of mental impairment, and there are now at least three good reasons to believe that he should be objectively evaluated for that condition — by somebody who is able to say “Yes, he is impaired”.
- The disease is ripping through the White House staff. Stephen Miller is positive. KellyAnn Conway is positive. Kayleigh McEnany is positive. Three GOP Senators have tested positive. Rachel Maddow calls a photo of last weekend’s Rose Garden ceremony “An Advent Calendar of who is getting infected — each day you get to open another one”.
- For the first time in American history, nine of the most senior members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff are isolating because of a postive test result of Adm. Charles Ray. It is not paranoid to ask what our foreign adversaries are contemplating while top echelon of our government and military leadership is in such staggering disarray.
- The White House is refusing to disclose any information about Mr. Trump’s lung function, claiming HIPAA regulations. Herman Cain died 33 days after his COVID diagnosis. He died from pneumonia induced by COVID-19. The White House refuses to share the date of Donald Trump’s last negative COVID test.
- The White House press corps are “infuriated” by the homicidal negligence of this administration. Michael Shear and other members of the New York Times reporting team have tested positive. Mr. Trump’s behavior in the past few days is both criminal and literally insane.
When we were kids, some of us from time to time got ourselves into situations where we found ourselves asking privately — if not to others — “where are the grownups?”.
Donald Trump acts as if he is the midst of a manic episode. This man behaves as if he is literally insane.
Is there ANY point at which our leading officials — even those in Mr. Trump’s cabinet — will act to put a stop this incredibly dangerous nonsense?
What happens next?