- 56% of Minimum Wage workers are women.
- Congress is presently at a standstill trying to push a $15 minimum wage.
- I’m a news junkie and can’t recall any advocates for women’s rights pushing for this legislation.
- I’ve been reading through the NOW website and see no mention of this in their issues, blogs, or news releases.
- Raising the minimum wage will be a significant step in narrowing the wage gap between women and men.
Why has NOW and similar organizations ignored this issue? (or have they been actively working to pass it and I can’t find it?)
Please share widely!