- Would trans athletes be as much of a headline if there was not so much money involved in sports?
- Would there be as much cheating with steroids and other illegal substances in Baseball, the Olympics, Cycling, Track, and so on if there was not so much money in sports?
- Would our states be better, healthier, if our highest paid state officials were doctors and teachers, not basketball and football coaches?
- Would our cities be better if our parks and other public areas were better funded than our professional sports stadiums?
- Would there be such a divide between salaries in the WNBA and the NBA if there was not so much money in professional sports?
We hear people mock the poor kids in cities because they spend their money on expensive sneakers and licensed sportswear instead of books and saving for a rainy day…..but are these kids just a reflection of who we are and what we value?
I don’ watch professional sports anymore. Well, I’ll sit in with a group if “the game” is on but other than Tom Brady and Gronk, I’m not sure who is on what team.
I missed the last Olympics – or better said, I did not miss it at all.