Encouraging and empowering people to act locally binds together the local fabric of a community. People build thriving communities when they invest locally. The entire community benefits when small businesses and investors recirculate their dollars in the local economy.
This is something we all hear too often – “shop local”, “think global, act local”. But how often do we apply this framework to our energy use? How often do we turn on our light switch without thinking about where it comes from? Local energy empowers communities to work together to make effective investments, leveraging the support and incentives offered by utilities and the state and federal governments. Come learn about moving capital to local energy projects and building up value in the local economy.
- Charlie Lord of Renew Energy Partners, Principle
- Isaac Baker, Founder of Resonant Energy
- Richard Andre, President of Vineyard Power Cooperative
- Kevin Dutt, Managing Director of Boston Impact Initiative
- Moderator: Eric Grunebaum, clean energy consulting via Cambridge Energy Advisors and co-founder of toggle
Date: Thursday, March 23rd
Location: 131 Cambridge St., Boston, MA
- 6:00-6:30 Networking
- 6:30-7:00 Panel Introductions
- 7:00-7:30 Panel Q&A
- 7:30-8:00 Networking