I don’t think that I have officially said it here. I am writing today to formally announce my support for Congressman Ed Markey’s campaign for U. S. Senate. There are many reasons for my support. He is a national leader on energy and environmental policy, especially stopping climate change. In the U.S. Congress, he has fought for a clean energy and a green economy. Congressman Markey has been a champion for fairness in business and consumer protection, fighting against monopolies in telephone, television, and electrical industries. He has fought to keep the internet a level playing field for all and is a leader in privacy protections.
If you agree with me and want to help we need you now. There are a number of ways that you can help:
1) Attend the Kickoff Gala at the “W” on Thursday, February 28. The event is at The W Hotel at 100 Stuart Street in downtown Boston. It is T accessible and should be a lot of fun. The minimum suggested donation is $100. If that date doesn’t work for you or if you prefer a place with parking, there will be a reception on Monday, March 11 at 7:30 in Weston. Think of it as an investment in our future. I’m trying to raise $1000 for the campaign and I’d love to have your help. Use this link to RSVP or make a donation of any amount and help me meet my goal.
2) Sign nomination papers. If you are in the Boston area you can come to the HQ at 465 Medford St. Suite 4000 Charlestown. If you are not in the Boston area 617-286-4147 to make arrangements to sign.
3) Get involved in our volunteer effort. Use this link to find an event near you or call HQ at 617-286-4147 to get connected to your local team. In addition to the final push for signatures between now and Wednesday, there are a number of efforts coming up. Watch for information on:
– A house party day on February 27 to celebrate the end of signature season.
– Regional organizing meetings and trainings throughout the state.
– Getting votes by talking to neighbors door to door. Although I of course have been going door to door already, the official canvass kickoff is March 9.
So lets have some fun and get some votes!