- Larry Sabato is right: “The real presidential race begins now.” Up to this point, the polls have mostly measured name recognition.
- I don't think Fred Thompson really wants the job that bad.
- Jimbo of The Hubster has been doing good work blogging that East Boston state rep race: Reports, interviews, the works. Check it out. (We like Gloribell, BTW.)
- Shannon O'Brien on Romney:
“I totally discounted Romney when there was first talk of him running for president,” she said in a recent interview in the cafe of the Jurys Hotel in Boston. “And my point was, ‘Those conservatives will kill him. They’ll never vote for him.’ Well, guess what? He’s flipped every single position that would offend them, and—and I’m not the first person to say this—because many of the Republicans tend to be perhaps a little more evangelical, a little more appreciative of redemption and turning yourself around, he’s been able to walk away from that.”
- Was Coughlin a plant? So far unnoted on this page, but the biotech revolving-door story certainly seems like very bad business indeed — especially considering the strong whiff of corporate welfare from those tax breaks. (I should have smelled it when the breaks were being put forth to begin with.)
- When Manny comes back, Ellsbury stays, Drew sits. Make it happen, Tito.
- 108 yard return? What is this, Canadian football?
- Update, one more: Nice quick overview of the upcoming Fourth Middlesex Senate race to replace Bob Havern, at the Woburn Advocate. Lotta folks want this seat.