…if anyone is interested, lol.
- I will never vote for Martha Coakley again, for anything.
- I was at Deval Patrick’s victory rally at the Hynes in ’06 and remember hearing speeches from all the big Dems. Martha’s AG victory speech was flat, dull and could not end fast enough – Dems should have remembered that. Brown, although far from a polished, top-notch political orator, is the far more likable candidate.
- Coakley’s ad strategy sucked. She would run two ads that said “Scott Brown will defeat health care in Washington”, then on the same channel Scott Brown would follow her with two ads that say “Scott Brown will defeat health care in Washington”. Genius!
- Brown, in general, was a class act. He ran classy ads and had a classy victory speech (with a few notable exceptions). People respond to class (see Obama, Barack: 2008)
- Democrats are sucking in Washington right now. They’ve sucked for a long time. I’m beginning to suspect that Scott Brown’s victory is irrelevant to my future because p***y Democrats were just gonna cave and give away the house anyway. I’m not saying that I would passively accept an influx of Republicans into congress, I’m just saying that I am not getting too worked up over one Senate seat. Even if it used to be held by Ted Kennedy.
- I am an unenrolled voter with liberal and progressive values. I have in the past flirted with the idea of registering Democrat. And I do understand and respect the argument that I can’t improve and impact the Democratic Party from the outside and that my participation is needed to make the party more progressive and such. But how do you all keep dealing with the disappointment? The party leadership in Washington is awful. Reid is repulsively bad. Pelosi needs much improvement, to say the least. Dean was replaced with Kaine. Health care was gutted. Little if any progress has been made over the past year. And then we, the left, blow the election to fill Ted Kennedy’s vacant Senate Seat. Why would someone like me ever want to identify myself as an enrolled Democrat?
Please share widely!