- Virtually all of the more than twenty countries whose school test scores in Math, Science, and Reading are higher than the USA are countries who support teachers unions in their public schools. The countries with the strongest unions typically rank in the top five in all categories. And yet, the right wing Republican talking point is that teachers unions are at the root of America’s failing schools.
- In every nation on earth that has a form of government backed universal health care, there is not one nation with a significant number of its citizens organizing to support a more market based private system of government.
- The number of abortions per thousand live births is consistently lower when a Democrat is in the White House and at its highest when a Republican is in the Oval Office.
- Virtually all the technology that makes a smart phone “smart” was conceived by and funded by the federal government of the USA and yet somehow this is not mentioned in the biography of Steve Jobs.
- Thomas Jefferson supported a progressive tax code.
- Benjamin Franklin supported the notion of an Estate Tax.
- Adam Smith argued for the necessity of a living wage.
Please share widely!