How to Make Al Gore President
To all who care about our country and our planet:
On October 10, 2007, Al Gore’s Chief of Staff in the White House said of a possible Gore candidacy, “He’s not ruled it out in the future.” When asked by a reporter what “the future” meant, Neel said, “Sometime later than today.” [http://ap.google.com…]
We can change the course of the future by working together now to get Al Gore to run.
What to do:
1) Sign the petition to draft Al Gore
2) Participate in the “My Two Cents” campaign
3) Write letters to the editor of your local newspapers
4) Join an existing Gore group or form a new one. In MA that
5) post or e-mail this five times.
How to do it:
1) To sign the petition, go to http://www.ipetition…
2) To participate in the “My Two Cents” campaign, send a letter to Al Gore telling him why you want him to run, and tape two pennies to your letter. Explain that you’ll send real support when he becomes a candidate. Send as many letters as you can to:
Office of the Honorable Al Gore
2100 West End Avenue, Suite 620
Nashville, TN 37203
3)Write a letter to the editor of at least one local newspaper explaining why Al Gore should run for president (i.e., leadership on global warming, right on Iraq from the beginning, world-wide respect, etc.). Make the letter heartfelt.
4) Join Massforgore.com or join a Gore group in your area or form one if there isn’t already one. Go to http://www.algore.or… enter your zip code, and see if there’s a group near you. If there is no group in your area, consider starting one of your own by following the directions. If you have problems joining or forming a group, contact Karen Wunderman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Send this post to at least five people on your e-mail list. Also, consider printing out hard copies of this letter and distributing them wherever appropriate.
Thank you on behalf of future generations and our planet.